Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Sketchbook Project

I have been waiting patiently.
Finally it came to me in the mail.

Direct from the Art House Co-op is my Moleskine sketchbook!

The Sketchbook Project is an international sketchbook tour that travels the USA and then ends at the Brooklyn Art Library. My sketchbook will live forever at the library and become part of their permanent collection :) . "It's like a concert tour but with sketchbooks" says the website. I am really excited to get started!!!








Anyone can sign up for this awesome project. They send you the sketchbook, detailed directions, a Brooklyn Art Library card and the theme for your sketches.













Here is the barcode that people can use to check your book out from the library. You can then view the details of your book online and read the feedback.


You can have them send you a theme or you can choose your own. I chose the theme:





Help!
You can alter the book in any way, as long as it remains the same size. The pages are very thin so I think I will be getting myself some spray adhesive tomorrow at the store :) .
I am excited to see where these sketches take me. I am hoping this reawakens my creativity as I feel like I have had "artist block" for a bit. I think it may already be working because I have a bunch of ideas bouncing around in my head right now!
I will try to keep you all updated during my project with pages that I complete. First I have some portraits to finish editing and then I will be fully involved in this sketchbook.
Give the Art House Co-op website a check to read more about the project, and other projects that they have. If you decide to sign up for this project, you have to do so soon.
Happy Sketching! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment